Friday, May 8, 2009

Over and (Nearly) Out

Okay, so I was up till 6 a.m. again, but the final paper of the semester is handed in. The final word total for the 18 pages, without counting the 3 pages of references: 5666. Plus I revised the other 14 pages pretty heavily during the course of last night, which adds 1400 "new" words to my overall total.

At any rate, it's handed in. Very close to the end of the semester now--just have to grade the finals my students wrote this morning.

Of course, that doesn't mean the end of writing, by any means, academic or otherwise. I have an academic paper abstract due next weekend along with a "revise and resubmit" for an academic article, and by the following week I have to write another entirely new 20ish page academic paper for a book chapter submission deadline.

So I have two more weeks of NaWriMo 2, and lots of other specifically academic things to keep me relatively busy over the summer. BUT...after these grades are submitted, the semester pressure's off and I should be able to almost work a normal sort of schedule again, with time to spend seeing other humans and sleeping and such. Maybe even some time for creative writing now and then. It's a beautiful thing.

No comments: