Friday, December 19, 2008

Day 44: Successful Finale to NaWriMo

Ahem, ahem. [Aside, in a whisper.] Where's that darned drumroll?

[From offstage.] Coming, coming. [Drumroll sounds loudly.]

That's better. Welcome, folks. I'm pleased to announce that as of a few moments ago both my third semester of PhD coursework and my NaWriMo experiment (known to others as PseudoNaNoWriMo) were both successfully completed, in that I handed in my last paper, reaching quite a bit past the word count I (re)set for myself to complete between November 1 and today.

As a reminder, the goals (once I adjusted them to realism) were to write 35,000 words between Nov. 1 and Dec. 19, with revised pages as counting for 100 words of word count per page of revision. I was also aiming for submission counts as well. Both academic and creative words were counted, though not (on the whole) blog posts. The totals (which will stay up on the sidebar for awhile as encouragement) are as follows:

NaWriMo final total: 42,663 words (Between Oct. 31 and 5:55 p.m. Dec. 19, 2008)
NaWriMo new word count: 29,963
NaWriMo page revision count: 127 (equivalent of 12,700 new wds w/in Deborah's scoring system)
NaWriMo submission count: 13 (1 conference paper abstract, 2 conference papers, 4 term papers, 6 creative non-fic essays)

I've enjoyed this experiment, on the whole. And I'm pleased with the results. Yeah! A successful NaWriMo and a completed semester! That even deserves an exclamation point or two!

No comments: